Technology is an ever-changing and ever-evolving world, with increasingly sophisticated tools created daily. Generative Artificial Intelligence is the most recent revolutionary technological advance to take the world by storm.
The new wave of generative AI systems, such as ChatGPT, have the potential to bring transformations to entire industries. Business leaders need to have a working understanding of what this new phenomenon is.
What Is Generative AI?
Generative AI is a particular type of artificial intelligence technology where set algorithms can generate realistic content, ranging from text and images to audio and synthetic data. Highly sophisticated generative AI algorithms can create high-quality graphics, videos, and text in seconds.
How Does Generative AI Work?
Generative AI starts with any form of input that the AI system can process. The prompt can be in the form of an image text, video, musical notes, or even a simple design. The various AI algorithms then generate new content responding to the prompt.
With the earlier versions of generative AI, you had to submit data using API or through a complicated process requiring knowledge of coding languages. Today, generative AI developers are creating better user experiences where you can request content in plain language.
What is It Used For?
The versatility of generative AI makes it useful for various industries.
Here are some of the most common use cases for generative AI:
- Deploying chatbots for technical support and customer service
- Designing physical buildings and products
- Improving dubbing for educational content and movies in different languages
- Creating deep fakes to mimic people, including hyper-realistic photos and audio of specific individuals
- Writing resumes, e-dating profiles, term papers, email responses, and more
- Writing music with specific style and tone specifications
- Improving product demo videos
- Suggesting new drug compounds for testing
- Creating photorealistic art using a particular style as specified
- Optimizing chip designs
Generative AI Use Cases by Industry
While generative AI can be seen as a general-purpose technology, there are specific ways in which it could impact various industries, for example:
- Architectural firms can use generative AI to design and adapt their prototypes quickly
- Legal firms can use generative AI to analyze documents, interpret complex contracts, and suggest arguments
- Finance companies could use the technology to watch transactions in individuals’ histories, which helps build better systems for fraud detection.
- Film and media companies can use generative AI to translate content into different languages using the actors’ own voices
- In the medical field, generative AI can be used to identify drug candidates more effectively
- Gaming companies could use generative AI to create game content and different playing levels
Getting Started with Generative AI
As technology advances, business leaders in every industry should consider how generative AI technology can be incorporated into their operations to increase efficiency.
Have questions about if generative AI may be beneficial for your business? Contact Us.